Saturday, July 27, 2013

Star Traveler Series


Back in the early 1990s when I first submitted my Scifi books to publishers and agents I was pleased they took the time to write a letter telling me how much they enjoyed my work. However, every time they would close their correspondence with the statement that they either thought the books were young adult and they only dealt with adult, or they thought they were adult and they only represented young adult. In short, they didn't know how to categorize a scifi novel with a main character team made up of a 40 year old and an 18 year old that could be enjoyed by readers from 13 to 70 years old.

I grew up loving 'buddy' books and films. The close friendship that is like the brother you never had, the father you longed for and the best friend who knows you like a sneeze knows a sleeve. That's what I wanted to write. The guy that would sacrifice himself to protect his friend. The one who would never think of leaving his buddy behind unless it was in order to save him.

The Star Traveler Series has grown since the inception, as all series do. With Vol. 2 & 3 the women of this imagined future began to show how strong they were. By Vol. 6 the cast of characters in the series had grown to 78. Now I could go anywhere, do anything - Follow a Walhmite back to his home world where it rains incessantly and they live almost on a medieval level; Battle the Nanon who use Tuldavian Swamp Lizard as partners who burrow under the mud to set their traps for the unwary; or Mine galnon crystals on a planet where the temperature never dips below 120 degrees.

Come with me as I explore the worlds of the Star Travelers. Leave a note for your loved one, strap on your blaster and put on your breather. We're off to discover new worlds and meet a multitude of diverse beings while traveling with characters you will want to visit with again and again.


No comments:

Post a Comment