Tuesday, August 20, 2013

You Shelter Me

For my Father's 87th Birthday. 
(He loves Africa.)

Like the solitary African tree on the plains of the Serengeti, you have sheltered me. Within your branches I have sought comfort.

Like the tree which is an oasis from the burning sun, so you are the calming force which reaches out and soothes my fears.

Like the tree which gives its fruit and leaves to the wildlife around it, so also have you given of yourself to nurture me.

Like the animals that gather beneath the tree during the monsoons, the storm may rage about me, but I will stand steadfast in the lee of your trunk and I will survive with you to protect me.

Tree courtesy of genuardis.net

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful....I'm sure your Father will love this...and rightfully so....Happy Birthday, Theresa's Dad....:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete