Friday, September 25, 2020

Cover Evolution for A Gathering of Dragons - Update (#3)

Lizzy is moving right along. Here is the latest update (#3) to the cover for A GATHERING OF DRAGONS, the new Farloft Chronicle due out for pre-sale October 31st.

This is the paperback cover. You can see that the images will wrap around the volume for a full body look at Farloft and Snow off on their adventure.

The notes I gave to Lizzy on this update were:

1. Move the map under Snow's paw out further so my name would have a solid gray and brown background. 

2. Make my name bigger (cause and author always wants to be known, right?).

3. Lose some of the flags in the distance. I think they are a bit distracting. Maybe leave some trailing off the mound to the right.

4. Under the title add "The Farloft Chronicles - Vol. 7"

5. I asked her to add the title to the spine to see if it would work and not interfere with the image too much.

I really think we are on our way to the completed cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment