Sunday, May 25, 2014

- Astoria Author's Rendezvous - May 2014

I just spent two days in Astoria at the Rose River Inn B&B. I went there in order to meet with Cheri M. of @balanceguide on Twitter. She is an author of two wonderful adult fantasy adventures and several children's books.


We wanted to get together to talk Dragonology since both of us have resident dragons. It was a delightful chat of over six hours while we sat on the sun porch of my room and had high tea. (I hope we did not set off any seismic trimmers - @DS_Books gave the USGS prior warning of our meeting and also saw that all donkeys in the area were stabled with appropriate ear muffs.)


I took everything to make the tea special (Cheri likes jewel tones) so it was a Moroccan tea with cast iron teapot, gold flatware and pottery plates. Boy, was that suitcase heavy to lung up the stairs to the second floor. Lol


Pictures below are of the tea 'fixing,' the B&B, the sun porch (I moved the table in the corner to the front of the couch for the tea), some of the lovely flowers (look for more on Twitter) and a gift to Cheri from Farloft of a mug from his Hoard .








No comments:

Post a Comment