Sunday, May 1, 2016

Mother's Day - A Week Away!

Mother's Day is a week away and you are at a loss for that gift that says you love her... 
She has everything and you can't think of anything she really needs...

Give her something that will warm her heart, make her chuckle and know that you care about her.



What a reader said about "We 3"
(4.8 Star rating on Amazon)


Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
This book reminded me of my childhood favorites- Laura Ingalls Wilder and Understood Betsy- because of the focus on the everyday lives of a loving family. It is full of touching details. For example, when I read how Theresa and her father worked for years on the garden so that the ailing mother could see her favorite plants & flowers from every single door & window, a tear came to my eye.

It doesn't gloss over the tough parts of being a caregiver for aging parents- but the author's graceful sense of humor carries her through it all. Even though the topic of the book is aging, I'd say the book is more funny than sad. Reading it was a really soothing, peaceful experience for me. The book distracted me from my worries and made me thoughtful about the things that really matter in life.

I called up my mother and told her she should read this book immediately. My grandparents are getting to be the age where they need extra care. But even if you don't need this book for practical reasons, it's a very nice read for personal reasons. It makes you feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment