Sunday, January 24, 2016

Chocolate Fest - 2016

I had such a lovely time yesterday, I thought I would say a few words about the Annual Chocolate Fest in Portland.

Thought you might want to see where our chocolate comes from. Here is how it grows on the trees.

They grow off the trunk like my columnar apple tree.


This is what the beans look like and they don't all taste the same. Some have fruity tastes. Some of that flavor is in the bean itself. We were told by one vendor she had a bag of beans with a tangerine flavor.


Chocolate covered strawberries. Always one of my favorites.


Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory had apples decorated in all kinds of cute designs.


















Cupcakes from Jaciva's



















These had some delicious berry flavors, Wild Cherry, Blueberry, Strawberry and Marionberry.

I honestly sampled so many chocolates that I ended up buying some Garlic dip mix and couldn't wait for my lunch salad.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome way to spend an afternoon. How does #Farloft like his chocolates? tihihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! How delightful, I am green all over - needless to say! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun. About 60 - 100 vendors I would say. Chocolate from wall to wall.

      Delete
  3. These look absolutely amazing! Wish I would have been there to partake and enjoy those delicious chocolates.
    Though I am sure my waistline is very very glad I was not.
    -Brinway

    ReplyDelete