Friday, June 19, 2015

Sarah's Graduation

Sarah Hyndshaw is my graphic artist and the designer of The Farloft Chronicles' covers. This past Saturday she graduated from the college I work at, the proud recipient of a degree in Graphic Arts.

I wanted to share her work with you all one more time and also a glimpse of our little celebration.


The beautiful covers of The Farloft Chronicles...



Our first cover and project together.

Farloft became a living, breathing dragon with the cover art.

Doesn't he look intelligent in his 'Storyteller' pose?







With this cover we got our first look at James and he had a burgundy chest. Surprise, Surprise! I said it was lime green in the first book. Sarah said it was artistic license.

I decided he had a lime green when first becoming a dragon, but as he matured into adolescence his chest turned burgundy.

Author and artist working together Lol

He is looking very hesitant about leaping off this cliff in his first attempt to fly.









Clearair made her appearance on volume 3.

Sarah tweaked her even after she was in published form. She felt she was too dark and got lost. She was right. Now she stands out against the night sky.

I love the detail of her scales and the way they almost seem like tattoos on her cheeks.



This cover with Thrax, the villain in volume 4, took the most discussion.

He just wasn't mean looking enough in the first draft. Sarah made his claws and teeth sharper, his horns more pointed and his eyes squinted with sinister malice.

Now we had a villain.



Sarah thought she was finished with The Farloft Chronicles and then Anna appeared, Farloft & Clearair's hatchling.

We needed a melding of Farloft and his mate, as well as a bit of a surprise. (Have to read this one to find out.)


The surprise in this one was the wow-factor of how big Farloft actually is compared to his best friend, Theresa, the Healer.

A beautiful finished set (unless Farloft intends to dictate more) Lol



Sarah and me at the Claim Jumpers for dinner to celebrate her degree.

Farloft got me addicted to selfies.


Daniel, Sarah's main squeeze, and my dad at their side of the table.


Sarah would like to be a food photographer.

It has rubbed off on me. I don't do near as well as her, but I did enjoy helping her set up the shots for her portfolio.




We enjoyed a couple of orders of this Salted Caramel Mud Pie. Yum!















Congratulations to my, Sarah! 
Watch out world, here she comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment