Thursday, May 14, 2015

The UK 'Whatcha-ma-callit"

I had a birthday recently and was spoiled rotten, as usual. Much to my surprise among the many well wishes, eating out events, treats and gifts, I received a "Whatcha-ma-callit" from my friend David in the UK.

Well, at least I thought it was a "Whatcha-ma-callit." It could have been a "Thinga-ma-jig" or a "Whatsit," or even a "Whing-ding." I really had no idea what it was, but I took a few guesses...

I tried wearing it like a crown...but it was a wee bit too small.

 
I tired wearing it as a bracelet...but it was a wee bit too big.
 
 
I thought it might be a container for a magic spell...but the magic slipped out.
 
 
 
It was a little too thick to be a bookmark and a little too thin to be something to sit on...
though I almost got it into the shape of a chair.
Perhaps it was fashioned for fairies? (In that case, Beatrist *my fairy friend* says it needs a cushion.)
 
 
I tried flying it, but it is not very aerodynamic...too many holes.
(Though Farloft and Scar enjoyed the 'fetching' part of the game.)
 
 
So...I decided it was just a beautiful little UK Whatcha-ma-callit and I would put it in the Moroccan Room so it could mystify and delight other's imagination, as it has mine.
 
Thank you, David and if you deem to enlighten me, My Dear Mage, I would be honored to know the true use of the UK Whatcha-ma-callit.




1 comment:

  1. You have been able to give "UK Whatcha-ma-callit" four different shapes and tried to find the use of them. You may find many other shapes but may not find the real use of it except "It is a delicate traditional "show piece". We think that is enough.

    ReplyDelete