Friday, September 5, 2014

Unexpected Visitations

I tweet perhaps 3-4 hours a day. In a little over a year I have acquired over 10,000 followers, many of whom I consider friends. It is amazing to me how attached and involved one can become with other folks on Twitter. 

You meet someone, you share something, you connect. You laugh a lot, you cry a little, soon you are exchanging emails and Skyping someone in a country half-way round the world.

It is a rare and delightful pleasure when you can actually meet one of those fellow internet friends in person. In May, I had the pleasure of meeting Cheri Matthynssens in Astoria for the day. 

This past Labor Day weekend I was delighted when I heard Charlotte Ashlock was going to be in town. I met Charlotte online and have been pleased to share numerous enlightening conversations with her over the past year or so. She is a thoughtful young woman who never ceases to amaze me with the depth of her intellect. 

I asked her to share tea with me in the Moroccan Room and she accepted. We had a delightful visit. When I found out it was her first trip to Oregon I asked her if she would like to take a drive up The Gorge. She said yes and we were off. 

I hope she will consider visiting again sometime for a bit longer, so I can play tour guide and show her some more of the lovely state I live in and call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment