Sunday, July 26, 2015

My First Book Fair!

Oh, how I have looked forward to this. Weeks of preparation, as you all know. 100 days of lovely, hot summer days. Unseasonably dry.

Not on Saturday...The 7th Annual NW Book Fair opened to a drizzle, proceeded to a downpour and ended with a mist. Go figure...the best laid plans, right?

There is an up-side to all of this. I learned I could still prepare for an event. We had the best looking booth. We were organized. Between Russ, Cheri's wonderful husband, Daniel, my IT guru and friend, Sarah, my graphic designer, Cheri, me, and Angela, Cheri's 8 year old granddaughter, we put on a great show.

The Farloft selfie cut-out was a hit between rain showers. The dragon puppet, dubbed Spitfire, was loved by all and we sold our share of books. It's just that the turnout was limited.

I have another event on August 1st at Another Read Through on N. Mississippi from 11:00-2:00 and I will be at the Japanese Skosh Festival August 8th from 10:00-2:00 at the Gresham City Park corner of Powell and Main. I am hopeful the weather will be better for those events and you can drop by to visit and have your copies of my books autographed.

My Table

Cheri's Table

Both of our banners were done by Sarah Hyndshaw my Graphic Designer

The downpour outside out tent


1 comment:

  1. Yes the rain was a bummer but like you said you learned and your set-up looks great. Your August events should now benefit from your experience. Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete